Completion of requirements for a bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 120 academic (non-PE) semester hours of credit.
- At least 42 academic credits must be upper division (300- to 400-level).
- A cumulative scholastic average of 2.0.
- General education courses must be completed with an average GPA of at least 2.0.
- All general education, major, minor, area of concentration, or teacher licensure requirements must be satisfied.
- All students must demonstrate writing proficiency by the end of the sophomore year.
- No D grade may apply to a major or minor field.
Completion of the following required courses:
- GSCI 109: Dynamic Earth (4 hours)
- GSCI 112: Earth History/Lab (4 hours)
- GSCI 201: Intro to Cartography and GIS (3 hours)
- GSCI 321: Geomorphology w/Env Applic (4 hours)
- GSCI 331: Macro and Optical Mineralogy (5 hours)
- GSCI 334: Igneous/Metamorphic Petrology (5 hours)
- GSCI 343: Sedimentology & Stratigraphy (4 hours)
- GSCI 371: Structural Geology (4 hours)
- GSCI 450: Senior Capstone in Geoscience (2 hours)
- GSCI 495: Field Geology (6 hours)
A minimum of 2 of the following three courses:
- GSCI 330: Nature and Properties of Soils (4 hours)
- GSCI 433: Environment Geochemical Model (3 hours)
- GSCI 440: Groundwater (4 hours)
Completion of Required Support courses:
- CHEM 131: General Chemistry GT-SC1 (4 hours)
- CHEM 131L: General Chemistry Lab (1 hours)
- CHEM 132: General Chemistry GT-SC1 (4 hours)
- CHEM 132L: General Chemistry Lab (1 hours)
- MATH 107: Trig/ Analytic Geometry GT-MA1 (3 hours)
- PHYS 225: College Physics I GT-SC1 (5 hours)
- PHYS 226: College Physics II (5 hours)
- GSCI 123: Geology of the San Luis Valley (1 hours)
- GSCI 350: Geology Excursion (2 hours)
- MATH 120: Single Variable Calculus I GT-MA1 (5 hours)
- MATH 205: Intro to Statistical Methods (3 hours)