The ASCENT program permits eligible student to participate in a “5th year” of high school while enrolled in college courses. ASCENT program participants are counted as high school student for funding purposes, but take all classes at the participating college. Student tuition is then paid by the school district for the ASCENT year.
Students will receive their high school diploma after their completed ASCENT year.
Students are eligible for this program if they meet the following prerequisites:
- Be on track to earn at least 12.0 college credits by the time of completion of their 12th grade year.
- Apply for and be approved by the high school administration for the ASCENT program
- Eligible student must not be in need of basic skills coursework ASCENT program students must complete a separate application process - see high school counselor for details
- Eligible students must not have participated in ASCENT in previous years
- Students are not eligible for Federal, State, or Institutional Financial Aid
Application Requirements for ASCENT Student
Once the student has applied and been approved through the high school administration, please complete the Application Form and the Agreement Form provided by your high school counselor.
- Apply for COF (College Opportunity Fund)
Upon completion of the ASCENT program, if a student wishes to continue at the participating college, the student must apply as an incoming, first-time, full-time student.