Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with Applied Business Emphasis Degree Requirements
All requirements for the distance degree program are the same as those for the same degree on campus. Distance degree program students are subject to all ASU policies, deadlines and graduation requirements, except where noted.
- You will be required to complete 30 Adams State University semester credits which may be met by completing approved ASU Distance Learning courses listed on the website or other publications.
- Course credits earned through the distance degree program are entered on the student record without distinction between on-campus and off campus courses.
- ASU credits earned in off-campus courses are considered to be the same as those earned in on-campus courses for the purpose of meeting residency or other requirements in degree programs of the institution.
The writing assessment required for the BABA - General Business degree is satisfied during the course BUS 480 Global Business Strategies.
Program Requirements - Applied Business
- General Education - 38 credits
- Major - Business Administration - 42 credits
- Emphasis Area - Applied Business - 30 credits
- Electives - 10 credits
Business Administration majors must complete the following 42 hours of core courses:BUS 103: Introduction to Business - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 120: Business Computer Applications I - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 207: Principles of Accounting I - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 208: Principles of Accounting II - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 211: Business Law - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 265: Business Communications- 3 cr.hrs.
BUS 304: Principles of Marketing - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 318: Business Statistics - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 361: Principles of Management - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 363: Managerial Finance - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 430: Productions & Operations Management - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 480: Global Business Strategies - 3 cr. hrs.
ECON 255: Macroeconomic Principles - 3 cr. hrs.
ECON 256: Microeconomic Principles - 3 cr. hrs.
Applied Business EmphasisApplied Business emphasis completed through the transfer of technical and vocational courses from an accredited community college or trade school.
Requirement (30 credits total)/ May be met by completing:
ElectivesElectives may be approved transfer credits or courses taken from ASU. Note: Electives are credits that are required but not used elsewhere in the degree program.
Total credit hours required for graduation: 120 semester hours
Note: Degree must include 42 upper-division (300/400 level) semester-hour credits. To receive credit, all course grades must be passing (C or better). A minimum of 30 credits must be ASU credits for the BA or BS degree. Contact Us