Associate of Science with Business Emphasis Degree Requirements
All requirements for the distance degree programs are the same as those listed in the ASU catalog for the same degree on the campus. Distance degree program students are subject to all ASU policies, deadlines and graduation requirements, except where noted.
- You will be required to complete 15 Adams State University semester credits which may be met by completing ASU Distance Learning courses or online courses approved and listed on the website or other publications.
- Course credits earned through the distance degree program are entered on the student record without distinction between on-campus and off-campus courses.
- ASU credits earned in off-campus courses are considered to be the same as those earned in on-campus courses for the purpose of meeting residency or other requirements in degree programs of the institution.
Degree Program Total Credit Requirements
- General Education - 37 credits
- Business Emphasis - 18 credits
- General Electives - 5 credits - *General electives for Associate of Science degree need to be in Science, Business, or Mathematics.
Business Emphasis (18 credits):
BUS 103: Introduction to Business (3 credits)
BUS 207: Principles of Accounting I (3 credits)
BUS 211: Business Law (3 credits)
BUS 265: Business Communications (3 credits)
ECON 255: Macroeconomic Principles (3 credits)
Plus one additional Business (BUS) or Economics (ECON) course 100 or 200 level (3 credits)
General electives may be approved transfer credits or courses taken from ASU. General electives are credits that are required but not used elsewhere in the degree program.
You must submit a 3-5 page graded paper from an Adams State professor to the advising department in Extended Studies to receive approval by mid semester of the semester prior to graduation.