Advanced Paralegal Certificate Program
In partnership with:
These advanced topics build upon the nationally acclaimed:
These classes are available to students who wish to increase their knowledge of law and paralegal studies with classes in specialized facets of contemporary law. Your study and concentration on substantively specific materials will enable you to gain a strong competitive edge over other paralegals.
The additional training gained through participation in these advanced classes will embellish your legal knowledge and skills, which in turn should increase your salary and marketability. Those who successfully complete at least six advanced topics will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
Advanced Paralegal Certificate Requirements:
Students are required to successfully complete Paralegal I and Paralegal II before registering for advanced courses.
Upon successful completion of at least six Advanced Paralegal Course topics, students will receive an Advanced Paralegal Certificate of Completion. Each course is offered in a seven-week online session or in text-based format, which can be completed in six months or less.
Up to three Advanced Paralegal Course topics may be taken during a seven-week online session, and Advanced Paralegal Course topics do not have to be taken in any particular order.
Advanced topics are as follows:
- BUS 379 Bankruptcy Law
- BUS 379 Business Law & Practices*
- BUS 379 Estate Planning
- BUS 379 Immigration Law
- BUS 379 Intellectual Property
- ED 379 Education Law
- BUS 479 Alternative Dispute Resolution
- POLS 379 Constitutional Law*
- POLS 379 Family Law
- POLS 479 Advanced Legal Research
- SOC 379 Criminal Law
- SOC 379 Criminal Procedure
- SOC 379 Victim Advocacy
- All courses are available online or text-based. Please specify the format you prefer in the "comments" section of the registration form.
- Tuition for each course is $525
- Each course is 3 semester credits
- A complimentary transcript will be sent to you from Adams State University upon completion of each course
*The courses marked with an asterisk (*) do not satisfy the requirements of the Adams State University Business core. If you are an ASU degree-seeking student, please contact your advisor for more information.
To order textbooks, please call the Center For Legal Studies at 303-273-9777 or visit their site.
- Register online at our secure web site.
- Download a copy of the registration form. Complete it and fax to 719-587-7974 or mail to ASU Extended Studies.
- Telephone us at 1-800-548-6679 and register using your MasterCard, Visa or Discover card.
Note: Please register separately for each course.