Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with Legal Studies Emphasis Degree Requirements
All requirements for the distance degree program are the same as those for the same degree on the campus. Distance degree program students are subject to all ASU policies, deadlines and graduation requirements, except where noted.
- You will be required to complete 30 Adams State University semester credits which may be met by completing ASU Independent study or online courses approved and listed on the website or other publications.
- Course credits earned through the distance degree program are entered on the student record without distinction between on-campus and off campus courses.
- ASU credits earned in off-campus course are considered to be the same as those earned in on-campus courses for the purpose of meeting residency or other requirements in degree programs of the institution.
Degree Program Total Credit Requirements
- General Education - 37 credits
- Major - Business Administration - 42 credits
- Legal Studies Emphasis - 30 credits
- General Electives - 11 credits
Business Administration Core (42 credits):BUS 103: Introduction to Business (3 credits)
BUS 120: Business Computer Applications I (3 credits)
BUS 207: Principles of Accounting I (3 credits)
BUS 208: Principles of Accounting II (3 credits)
BUS 211: Business Law (3 credits)
BUS 265: Business Communications (3 credits)
BUS 304: Principles of Marketing (3 credits)
BUS 318: Business Statistics(3 credits)
BUS 361: Principles of Management (3 credits)
BUS 363: Managerial Finance (3 credits)
BUS 430: Productions & Operations Management (3 credits)
BUS 480: Global Business Strategies (3 credits)
ECON 255: Macroeconomic Principles (3 credits)
ECON 256: Microeconomic Principles (3 credits)
Legal Studies Emphasis (30 credits):BUS 359: Paralegal I (3 credits)
BUS 359: Paralegal II (3 credits)
BUS 466: Business Ethics (3 credits)
POLS 430: Constitutional Law; Civil Liberties (3 credits)
SOC 379: Criminal Law (3 credits)
Plus three of the following classes (9 credits):BUS 355: Income Tax (3 credits)
BUS 362: Human Resource Management (3 credits)
BUS 379: Estate Planning (3 credits)
BUS 379: Water Law (3 credits)
BUS 479: Alternative Dispute Resolution (3 credits)
BUS 479: Fraud Examination (3 credits)
Plus not more than two of the following (6 credits):POLS 379: Family Law (3 credits)
POLS 429: Constitutional Law and Civil Liberties (3 credits)
POLS 479: Advanced Legal Research (3 credits)
SOC 346: Criminal Justice (3 credits)
SOC 379: Victim Advocacy (3 credits)
Electives may be approved transfer credits or courses taken from ASU. General electives are credits that are required, but not used elsewhere in the degree program.
The writing assessment required for the BSBA - Legal Studies degree is satisfied during the course BUS 480.
Note: Degree must include 42 upper-division (300/400 level) credits. To receive credit, all course major grades must be passing (C or better). A minimum of 30 credits must be ASU credits for the BA or BS degree.