Preventing Scholarship Fraud - Be Aware!
According to the Federal Trade Comission, these are the warning signs of fraud:
- The scholarship will cost some money.
- The scholarship is guaranteed or you will get your money back.
- You can't find info on the scholarship from any other source.
- Your credit card or bank account number is required to hold the scholarship.
- They say: "We'll do all the work!"
- You've been selected by a "national foundation" to receive a scholarship or "you're a finalist" in a contest you never entered.
To get more info or file a complaint, call:
- 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357)