Bringing in a preschool or K-12 class
All age levels of school and community groups are welcome at ASU Nielsen Library. Please review the group policies and the suggestions below before contacting the library.
To arrange a tour or instruction session, please submit the electronic request form.
- No visits will be scheduled during evening hours, weekends, the last week of classes, or final exam week.
- School groups are to be limited to 35 students. Best results occur, however, with smaller groups of 25 or fewer students.
- Teachers and accompanying parents are to help maintain order during visits. For first grade through sophomores, one supervising adult is needed for each ten students. For juniors and seniors, one supervising adult is needed for each fifteen students.
Suggestions before coming to the Nielsen Library
- Students should determine a topic for their research.
- Students should bring paper and pens/pencils and, if appropriate, a flash drive.
- If students will be using the photocopiers or the microform printers, they should bring money. Students should bring one-dollar or five-dollar bills to change or, preferably, an adequate supply of nickels. (The microform machines accept only nickels.)