Reserves Information for Faculty
Professors may place books, videos, and other materials on reserve for student use. You may place library items or items of your own on reserve.
- You can fill out a reserve request form online or complete a paper form at the Circulation Desk, located on the first floor of the library.
- Reserve items are kept at the Circulation Desk on the first floor of the library.
- Reserve items must be used in the library and may be checked out for one-hour periods. To check out reserve items, patrons must present their ASU library card.
- Reserve items need to be turned in to Rosanna Backen or the Circulation Desk at least 24 hours before you anticipate students requesting them.
- Please give the library staff at least 24 hours to remove items from reserve before you wish to pick them up.
- The library generally does not purchase books to placed on reserve but will consider purchasing titles that have possible long term or high impact use on a case-by-case basis. Please see our full collection development policy for more information.
- If you would like a textbook on reserve for your students' convenience, we will gladly place a personal copy on reserve.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call Rosanna Backen at 719-587-7173.
Textbook Reserve Initiative
In 2014, ASU formed an ad hoc Retention Committee and charged it with exploring strategies to improve student retention. One of the top five initiatives identified by the committee was to strengthen the Nielsen Library's textbook course reserves collection. $5,000 was allocated for this project and the library identified criteria to identify textbooks to acquire. The results of this initiative indicate a growing need for strategically strengthening the library's reserve collection.