Alumni and supporters welcome to Adams State University Day at the Capitol
Adams State University invites its alumni and supporters to attend the first-ever ASU Day at the Capitol in Denver, February 19. To expose the Colorado legislature to Adams State's offerings, the event will showcase a number of academic departments and student groups.
"By sharing their experiences of Adams State, our alumni can help lawmakers understand the importance of Adams State University to Colorado and to our students," said Adam State President Beverlee J. McClure. "This year's General Assembly is important to us in many ways. As the budget is being debated, we stand to lose about $300,000 from our allocation or gain as much as $1.1 million. It is essential our legislators become aware of the implications of their budget decisions."
ASU Day at the Capitol will be held in the State Capitol West Lobby, 200 E. Colfax Ave., from 7:30-11:30 a.m. on Friday, February 19.
Adams State supporters are also welcome to attend a reception for legislators Thursday, February 18, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. in the Warwick Denver Hotel, Millennium Ballroom, 1776 Grant St., Denver. The reception is generously sponsored by Arnold & Marguerite Salazar, Partnership Investments, and SLV Behavioral Health.
The following university departments and organizations will participate in ASU Day at the Capitol:
- Alumni Relations
- ASU Theatre: The Lost & Found Comedy Improv Troupe
- ASU Veterans Club
- Biology & Earth Sciences
- CIELO (Community for Inclusion, Equity, Leadership and Opportunity)
- Counselor Education
- English, Theatre and Communications
- Extended Studies: Professional Development, Distance Learning
- History, Anthropology, Philosophy, Political Science: El Parnaso, Historical Reenactment Artillery Team, Model United Nations
- Human Performance & Physical Education
- SACNAS (Society of Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Engineering & the Sciences)
- Title V Grant Initiatives for Hispanic Serving Institutions
For more information, please call 719-587-7867.
By Julie Waechter