Adams State Celebrates Great Stories
On May 19, Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper signed the law designating Adams State University.
Free Los Lobos concert caps celebration
Los Lobos performs in concert during the Adams State University Great Stories Celebration. The two-day event begins Thursday, August 23 and continues Friday, August 24 with music, food, poetry, and art, showcasing changes happening on campus. Events are free and open to the public with the exception of the Scholarship Dinner.
Thursday, August 23
1 p.m. until 3 p.m.
- Welcome Back Alumni Reception
- Richardson Hall lobby
- Student ambassadors will lead campus tours
2 p.m. until 5 p.m.
- Luther Bean Museum Open House
2 p.m., 3 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Zacheis Planetarium Grand Re-Opening Shows
5 p.m. until 7 p.m.
- Welcome Back Luau
- North Campus Green
- Concert, featuring Matt Schildt's original composition commemorating the university transition
- Leon Memorial Hall
Friday, August 24
1 p.m. until 2 p.m.
- Unveiling of Dana Provence’s “University Celebration” sculpture and lecture about the process
- Art Building Cloyde Snook Gallery
1:30 p.m. until 3 p.m.
- Student Success Center Open House in Nielsen Library
2 p.m. until 3 p.m.
- Poetry Reading, featuring Dr. Carol Guerrero-Murphy's and Aaron Abeyta's original poems commemorating the university transition
- Nielsen Library
- Debut of Danny Ledonne’s new film
- McDaniel Hall room 101
- Great Stories Celebration
- North Campus Green at Rex Stadium
- Gala Scholarship Dinner
- Bistro Rialto with silent auction
- Los Lobos Concert
- Rex Stadium
- Fireworks Spectacular
- Rex Stadium.
For more information contact the Adams State Office of Enrollment Management at 719-587-7436 or visit University Celebration.