President McClure travels valley to meet residents and alumni
San Luis Valley residents, particularly Adams State alumni, are invited to meet and visit with Adams State University President Beverlee J. McClure at six upcoming events scheduled around the valley.
Tuesday, Nov. 17
- 5:30-7 p.m.: Center Schools Cafeteria
- 7:30-9 p.m.: Sangre de Cristo School Library
Wednesday, Nov. 18
- 5:30-7 p.m.: Del Norte High School Fieldhouse Commons Area
- 7:30-9 p.m.: Monte Vista School District Board Room
Thursday, Nov. 19
- 5:30-7 p.m.: Antonito School Cafetorium
- 7:30-9 p.m.: Centauri School boardroom
Dr. McClure is the tenth president of Adam State, having assumed the post July 1. For the previous seven years, McClure served as president and CEO of the New Mexico Association of Commerce and Industry (ACI), the statewide chamber of commerce and a policy think tank for business-related issues. Previously, she served as New Mexico's first cabinet secretary of higher education and as the president of Clovis Community College.
McClure recently visited alumni in Fort Garland and throughout the Front Range, including Westminster, Englewood, Colorado Springs, Pueblo, La Junta, and Walsenburg. In addition, Adam State is hosting Adams State Day at the Capitol, Friday, February 19. Alumni are welcome to attend and show state legislators support for their alma mater.