Zoila Gomez featured on L.L. Bean website
Adams State alumna, Zoila Gomez '04 was recently featured on L.L. Bean In the Arena.
The article features many of Gomez' accomplishments, including:
- Six National Division II championships;
- 2004 Top Female Division II Honda Award;
- Placing 4th at the 2008 Olympics Trials Marathon;
- US Olympic Marathon Team alternate;
- US Marathon National Championships Bronze medalist;
- Three-time US World Championship Team member (Marathon);
- 11-time NCAA Division II All-American;
- NCAA Division II Athlete of the Year;
- NCAA Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year
- Colorado Sportswoman of the Year
Giving Back to Community:
Teaches English as a Second Language at the San Luis Valley Immigrant Resource Center and helps children learn about fitness, nutrition and goal setting through the USA Track and Field Foundation Program.
Gomez said: "We all have dreams and aspirations. We all want to achieve and be great. We all have someone we want to make proud. Young or adults, we all want someone or something to believe in."