What Do I Do The Day Of Commencement?
All candidates are encouraged to be present at the commencement exercise, wearing cap and gown. We would appreciate written notice if you do not plan to participate in the ceremony. You may fax this information in care of the Assistant Registrar-719-587-7416.
Instructions For Graduates
- Caps should be worn level
- BA and BS candidates should wear tassels on the right until it is changed at the time of conferring the degrees.
- MA candidates should wear tassels on the left.
- The procession from the track area into the gym will form alphabetically within schools - AS, AA, Arts & Letters, School of Business, Science, Mathematics & Technology, Education and Graduate Studies, and MA candidates.
- Each candidate will be given a 3x5 name card by the Records office staff, which should be presented at the time his/her name is to be read.
- When candidates are asked to approach the platform to receive diploma covers, all candidates will go forward to the right of the platform (as they face the speakers) in alphabetical order. After receiving his/her diploma cover, each candidate will exit across the platform and return to his/her seat.
Undergraduate students who will be graduating with honors (cumulative 3.5 or above) will be given a white tassel the morning of commencement. Please check in at the table in the Fieldhouse that morning. You do not need to purchase a green tassel unless you want to.