Petition For In-State Tuition Classification Instructions

If you were admitted to Adams State as a non-resident, but you now meet the requirements for in-state residency, you must fill out a Petition for In-State Residency.

Petitions are available at One-Stop Student Services, the Records Office, or via PDF document link below.

Please make sure you fill out all applicable sections of the petition, fill out the last page and have your signature notarized, and return to the Records Office.

Mail the completed form along with all supporting documentation to the Office of the Registrar (Attn: M. Belen Maestas)

Only the original notarized petition along with the required documentation will be accepted as a valid petition.

If you are appealing your residency classification due to an error at the time of admission, appeals can be made to:

*PLEASE NOTE* That all graduate students pay the equivalent of in-state tuition during the summer semester. Applications for In-State Residency are available in the Records Office located in Richardson Hall. (To be used by those students who were classified as non-residents at the time of admission).