At Adams State, our students are smart, engaged, critical thinkers who thrive in our diverse, rural environment. We have you to thank for that! To show our gratitude we have planned an exciting weekend dedicated to you. Join us and your student October 17th – 20th to experience what being an Adams State Grizzly is all about.
This year we have planned a variety of programs for all ages including sports games, free movies, a parade and much more! One of these events includes a golf outing to Cattails Golf Course. To attend this you need to RSVP with Lori Laske at email@example.com.
If you are interested in joining us for this fun-filled weekend, you will need to complete the registration form below. Registration costs $5 per person and will cover all activities for the whole weekend (unless otherwise indicated on the schedule).
Check-in for the weekend will be located in the CoRE Center within the Student Union Building on Friday, October 18th from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Pay with cash or check at check-in or call Student Business Services at 719-587-7728 to pay with a credit card.
Thursday, October 17th
- 7 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. – Free Movie: Cleopatra’s Universe, Zacheis Planetarium
- 7:45 p.m. – 8:15 p.m. – Free Movie: Starts of the Pharaohs, Zacheis Planetarium
- 8 p.m. – Homecoming Bonfire, Richardson Hall Lawn
Friday, October 18th
- 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Family and Sibs Weekend Check-in, CoRE Center In Student Union Building
- 10 a.m. – Golf Outing, Cattails Golf Course
- 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. – Women’s Soccer vs Dixie State, ASU Soccer Field
- 2 p.m. – Ultimate Frisbee Tournament, Campus Green
- 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. – Women’s Volleyball vs Regis, Plachy Gym
- 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. – Telescope Viewing Session, ASU Observatory, Behind Baseball and Softball Fields
- 7 p.m. – 10 p.m. – Family Game Night, The Loft in Student Union Building
Saturday, October 19th
- 10 a.m. – Homecoming Parade, Main Street Alamosa
- 1 p.m. After Parade – Homecoming Tailgate, Student Union Building Parking Lot
Stop by our tent to participate in Family and Sibs Weekend Activity and photo booth.
- 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. – Homecoming Football Game, Rex Stadium, $10 to attend (purchase tickets at stadium)
- 3 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Free Movie: Two Small Pieces of Glass, Zacheis Planetarium
- 3:45 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. – Free Movie: Origins of Life, Zachies Planetarium
- 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. – Women’s Volleyball vs CCU, Plachy Gym
- 8 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. – Lost and Found Comedy Improv Show, Xperimental Theater
Sunday, October 20th
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Women’s Soccer vs Westminister, ASU Soccer Field
- 11 a.m. – 1:30 a.m. – Brunch, La Mesa Dinning Hall
Sign in at front desk of dining hall
Local hotel recommendations for your stay during Family and Sibs Weekend.
- Hampton Inn* 719-480-6023
- Fairfield Inn* 719-587-4000
- Comfort Inn* 719-587-9000
- Holiday Inn Express* 719-589-4026
- Best Western Alamosa 719-589-2567
- Super 8 by Wyndham 719-937-4784
- The Sunset Inn 719-992-2056
*Depending on availability, these hotels have a ASU discounted rate. Call to inquire about this rate when making your reservation.
Feel free to reach out to us with any questions or concerns!