Paws & Relax
Paws and Relax is an event sponsored by the ASU Counseling Center, Nielsen Library, and student club Promoting Healthy Individuals Through Empowerment (PHITE). Once a month, we gather dogs in the library for student to come and pet, love, talk to, and hang with! Studies have shown that animal assisted activities can both increase positive mood and decrease stress levels. During the two weeks of final exams, we will host Paws and Relax twice in that week! Come out and get some furry love!
If you have questions about this event, please contact Lis Tomlin at email@example.com.
- Do not bring personal pets!! This disrupts the balance and energy of the approved dogs, who know each other well and have an established rapport.
- Keep your own energy calm and composed.
- The dogs shall determine if and when they interact with others. Please do not force them to do so.
- Honor the recommendations of the handler(s).
- Do not roughly grab any of the dogs; treat them gently and softly.
- Refrain from participating in loud noises.
- Do not bring food or feed the dogs.
- If you are unsure of a dog enjoying a certain type of affection (e.g., being picked up), please ask the handler.
- Have fun and let the dogs know you appreciate them!