You and Your Roommate
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What if I don't like my roommate?
- A: We ask that you give it a try first. There are a number of options available to you if we have to move you but sometimes it's just a matter of working a few things out and understanding each other.
- Q: What if I want to change rooms?
- A: Room changes are offered by the Office of Housing and Residence Life. Contact the office for more information.
- Q: What if my roommate breaks the rules or puts me in a tough situation?
- A: Your best bet would be to discuss it with our staff. You can ask for some advice about how you might discuss it with your roommate without having to turn them in. Most of the time this will create a mutual understanding between you both and stop the behavior from occurring again.
- Q: Can I get a single room?
- A: Single rooms are given if space is available and not until our room change day, which occurs during the second week of the semester. There is an additional charge for private rooms. Those rooms are subject to change at anytime in the event that we need additional housing for our students.