Career Counseling and Graduate School Preparation
The purpose of career counseling and graduate school preparation is to prepare students for the post college world with the necessary tools to compete and be successful.
Each year students may complete career activities which will make them competitive in the job search market by the time they graduate. Students who complete activities will:
- Research career fields to decide on a career path
- Create a cover letter & resume
- Successfully participate in a mock interview for a possible position
Graduate School Preparation
All SSS participants will complete a Graduate School Prep class their junior year. This class will help students:
- Research graduate schools
- Know the various requirements for attending & applying to graduate schools
- Write personal statements
- Successfully participate in a mock interview process for possible admission
Juniors and seniors will also have the opportunity to participate in a Graduate School site visit. Be sure to speak to your advisor if you are interested in attending.