Fall & Spring Hours (closed in Summer)
Monday - Thursday 9am - 4pm and 6pm - 8pm
Friday 9am - noon
6pm - 8pm by appointment
Submit this form before Thursday night.
How to Use the Studio
- Before you visit, please consider the two or three most important items or issues you would like to cover. You are in charge; we will start where you want to begin.
- You may drop in to work with a tutor, to use the computers and books, or to gather other resources without an appointment.
- You may drop by to schedule an appointment.
- You may call or e-mail to schedule an appointment or to ask a question.
- You determine whether or not we should notify a professor that you have worked in the Studio. Some faculty require or refer students to come to the Studio but the decision to notify a professor is always yours.
- Writing sessions generally last about 30 minutes and are on a first-come, first-served basis unless you have scheduled an appointment.
- We spend time discussing the assignment or purpose of your writing and your concerns.
- We can help you get started developing and organizing your ideas.
- Once you have a draft, we respond to the clarity and content of your writing.
- We help you to identify patterns of errors and to learn how to avoid those errors.
- If papers are polished, we assist you in a final review and in proofreading skills.
- We can provide instruction on any stage of the writing process.
- Because of high demand or time constraints, we may not be able to cover every item you wanted to, so please make another appointment before you leave.
- And finally, let us know how we did. We have survey forms you can fill out, or, if you prefer, you may contact the director. Unless you say otherwise, all communications will be treated confidentially.