The Porter Scholars Program
Criteria for Selection
- First year applicants must submit a complete application for scholarship support, as well as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- All science and mathematics majors are eligible to participate in the Porter Scholars program. However, only those students having "unmet financial need" (defined below) are eligible to receive Porter Scholarship support.
- For first year applicants, a composite academic index will be derived from the high school GPA and ACT/SAT scores.
- A major in science or mathematics must be declared, and the student must be enrolled in the appropriate course(s) for the major for the first year. Students may not apply for support as a Porter Scholar if they are enrolled in any developmental course.
Value of Scholarships
- Awards may be made for "unmet financial need", which is given by the cost of attendance minus estimated family contribution (EFC).
- Scholarship awards may include up to the cost of attendance including tuition, fees, books, room and board.
- Cost of attendance and unmet need may be increased by costs of Focused Academic Programs.
Background of the Porter Scholars Program.