Computer Science & Information Technology
We offer a full range of courses for both majors and non-majors designed to prepare you to work in a challenging, creative, and intellectually stimulating field with outstanding opportunities for employment and advancement.
We pride ourselves in providing a small college setting that emphasizes faculty accessibility, individualized attention and ample access to computing hardware and software.
The department is also committed to providing students with opportunities to use cutting edge technology. As a computer science student at Adams State, you will have the opportunity to learn how to program mobile devices using Google's Android platform. You will also gain hands-on experience with distributed computing and computer graphics using Nvidia super computers.
Bachelor of Science in:
- Software Engineer
- Game Programmer
- Mobile Application Developer
- Web Developer
- Systems Administrator
- Science Educator
- Adams State Computer Science, Mathematics and Engineering Club
- Competes annually in Mathematics and Programming competitions
- Contact: Dr. Steven Aldrich
- Build and program custom robots
- Community Group with student involvement
- Participate in the Robotics Challenge at Great Sand Dunes National Park
- Contact: George Sellman
What makes us stand out?
- Porter Scholars Program
- Access to high end technology - Nvidia super computers
- Android Development opportunities
- Small class size ensures individual attention for each student