Annual High School Honor Band Festival
February 27th – February 29th
The Adams State University “Top of the Nation” Honor Band Festival is one of the longest running honor bands in Colorado, with a tradition dating back over 50 years. The band consists of some of the finest high school instrumental musicians in the Southwest. The event is held over a three-day period, beginning on Thursday morning and culminating in a concert on Saturday afternoon.
Applications and Audition
Application Deadline December 9th
Please contact Dr. Winter at email@example.com if you are still interested in being part of the honor band.
Kate Flynn Margrave
Kate Flynn Margrave is in her 12th year of teaching at Pine Creek High School and 16th year of her teaching career. At Pine Creek, she teaches marching band, concert band, symphonic band, jazz ensemble, jazz combo and orchestra. Kate received her Bachelors of Music in Music Education from Mansfield University in Mansfield, PA and her Masters of Music in Instrumental Conducting from the American Band College in Ashland, OR.
Katie Zdanowski is the director of bands at Montezuma-Cortez High School in Cortez, Colorado. She conducts the Symphonic Winds, the Marching Panthers, the Panther Pep Band, and teaches general instrumental music courses. Under her direction, the MCHS bands have enjoyed a number of successes, including performances in state finals competition, consistent superior ratings at CHSAA Large Group Festival, and national recognition for their performances at the Bands of America Regional competition.
- There sectionals for all members of the Honor Band, which are open to directors.
- We are excited to bring you an impressive roster of clinicians featuring ASU Music Faculty and several guest clinicians. These master classes are open to directors.
Graduate Credit for Directors
- Directors can receive 1 graduate credit for attending TOTN.
- In order to receive the full credit, directors will need to accumulate a total of 15 clock hours of observation. Admission and registration can be taken care of with one form that you can fill out while you’re here.
- You can pay by credit card or check made out to Adams State University for the course fees. Nothing needs to be arranged or paid for in advance.
- Course Fees
ASU Music Faculty Clinicians
- Dr. James Doyle, Percussion
- Dr. Tracy Doyle, Flute
- Dr. Angela K. Winter, Horn
Questions? Please contact
MUS-109 (719) 587-7059