Pursuing a college degree is one of the best investments in your future that you can make. The Office of Financial Aid is here to help you review your college costs and apply for financial aid programs. Our mission is to make an outstanding ASU education affordable and the financial aid and scholarship process as simple and straightforward as possible. Each of our staff is dedicated to your success and we look forward to assisting you with your financial aid applications.
- About 91% of our full-time students qualify for financial aid
- ASU Foundation offers over 100 scholarships
- The average award is around $12,000
- Our Affordability Ranking
- Guaranteed Tuition – Beginning with the fall 2016 semester, undergraduate students enrolled in on-campus classes will be guaranteed no tuition increases through their fourth consecutive academic year of enrollment.
- Our tuition window can save you over $3,000 a semester. Full-time students (12 credit hours per semester) can take up to 20 credit hours for no additional cost.
Apply for Financial Aid
Types of Aid
Explore your options!
Grants: Grants are “gift” aid and normally require no repayment. To apply for grants, you must complete and submit the free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Scholarships: Adams State University has a variety of scholarships available to qualified students.
Federal Work Study: This federally funded financial aid program enables students to earn money towards college expenses by working on campus.
Loans: Unlike scholarships, grants and work-study, loans must be repaid. If the degree or program of study is NOT completed, the student remains responsible for re-payment. It is recommended that you only borrow the amount you will need to successfully complete your education.
Summer Financial Aid: Financial aid is available for undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in a degree program.