2024-25 FAFSA Is Here!
Due to significant changes to the application and the rebuild of the FAFSA processing system, financial aid offers for the 2024-2025 academic year are delayed. Updates will be posted and communicated as soon as they are known.
- About 91% of our full-time students qualify for financial aid
- Adams State Foundation offers over 100 scholarships
- The average offer is around $12,000
- Our Affordability Ranking
- Our tuition window can save you money each semester. Full-time students (12 credit hours per semester) can take up to 16 credit hours for no additional cost.
- Learn more about Value and Affordability
Apply for Financial Aid
Types of Aid
Explore your options!
Grants: Grants are “gift” aid and normally require no repayment. To apply for grants, you must complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Scholarships: Adams State University has a variety of scholarships available to students from all backgrounds, including San Luis Valley residents, Colorado residents, out-of-state and international students as well as refugees.
Federal Work Study: This federally funded financial aid program enables students to earn money towards college expenses by working on campus.
Loans: Unlike scholarships, grants and work-study, loans must be repaid. If the degree or program of study is NOT completed, the student remains responsible for re-payment. It is recommended that you only borrow the amount you will need to successfully complete your education.
Summer Financial Aid: Financial aid is available for undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in a degree program.