Federal Pell Grant

Federal Pell Grants usually are awarded only to undergraduate students who display exceptional financial need and have not earned a bachelor’s or a professional degree. (In some cases, however, a student enrolled in a postbaccalaureate teacher certification program might receive a Federal Pell Grant.) You are not eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant if you are incarcerated in a federal or state penal institution or are subject to an involuntary civil commitment upon completion of a period of incarceration for a forcible or non-forcible sexual offense. A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid, except under certain circumstances. Find out why you might have to repay all or part of a federal grant.

Colorado Student Grant (CSG)

The State of Colorado provides grants based on financial need to students who are residents of Colorado.

If you are a full-time undergraduate resident of Colorado and have completed a FAFSA, you may be eligible for the CSG. Funding is limited and is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.

Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

A Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is for undergraduate students with exceptional financial need. These are students with the lowest Expected Family Contribution (EFC). Priority is given to full-time nonresident students who receive the Federal Pell Grant. FSEOG does not have to be repaid.