Denver Chapter Events
All Denver Metro Adams State Alumni are encouraged to mark their calendars for two events coming in September and December.
All Denver-Metro ASU Alumni are encouraged to help us match a $5,000 challenge for the ASU Alumni Denver Chapter Scholarship. If we meet the challenge, the scholarship will be fully endowed and permanent.
Reserve now for the annual Scholarship Luncheon at noon, Saturday, Sept. 21, at Maggiano’s, 7401 S. Clinton St., Englewood, Colorado. A donation of any amount helps us reach the goal of a permanent scholarship.
Our very own Adams State Santa will preside at an event for all ages at 5 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 1, at the Lowry Park Apts., 8501 E. Alameda, Denver, Colorado. Watch for a postcard with an Adams State Santa on the front.
Mission: The Mission of the Denver Chapter of the Associated Alumni of Adams State University is to reach out to the current alumni, future alumni, and the community throughout the Denver area in order to cultivate loyalty, pride and commitment to Adams State University.
Denver Chapter Awards First Scholarship
A graduate of Douglas County High School received the first Denver Chapter Scholarship in Fall 2018. The Scholarship Committee awarded the scholarship from funds donated by generous alumni who attended the annual scholarship luncheon. Dr. Camila Alire, 1970, was the guest speaker at the 2018 luncheon. We hope to introduce the second scholarship recipient in September 2019.
Recruit New Students
College recruiters from every state want Metro-area students to attend their universities. At some events, more than 80 recruiters show up. Michael Cawthra, 1976, leads the Denver Chapter team of recruiters.
They attend college fairs, meet potential students and parents and talk about the benefits of our alma mater. After a training session, you can join us in this effort. Write us an email at email@example.com.
Join a Committee
We invite all Denver Alumni residing in the counties of Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson. To join a committee, select from below and contact Liz Watts, Denver Chapter president, at Denveralumni@Alumni.Adams.edu.
- Membership – Maintain monthly contact with Adams State University ‘s Alumni Association Services to update contact information of alumni living in the Denver area.
- Scholarship Committee – Plan an annual event in association with Adams State University’s Alumni Association Services and ASU Foundation to assist in raising scholarship money.
- Recruitment Committee – Work with the ASU Denver area recruiter to provide alumni wiling to participate in presentations to area high school students.
- Athletic Committee – Promote and encourage chapter members to attend all ASU athletic events held in the Denver metropolitan area. When appropriate, set up and staff a welcoming table for ASU alumni attending area events.
- Publicity Committee –Promote the activities of chapter and interact with area alumni. For example, the committee may establish and maintain social media sites for the chapter.
- Awards Committee – Identify area alumni that are deserving of recognition for their personal and/or professional accomplishments.
- Nomination Committee – Solicit nominees for officer positions in advance of the annual meeting.
- Liz Watts. Ph.D., President
- Jaqueline Archuleta, President-Elect
- Camila Alire, Ed.D., Secretary
- Danielle Quintana, Treasurer
- Val Vigil, Board Member at Large
- Wayne Melanson, Ph.D., Past President
- Michael Cawthra, Recruitment Committee
- Alfred Petross, Membership Committee
- Vida Martinez, Scholarship Committee