Denver Chapter Events
Adams State Santa Claus
Our very own Adams State Santa Claus invites you to attend the ASU Alumni Denver Chapter’s Cookies with Santa, 5 p.m., December 1, 2019, The Park at Lowry, 8501 E Alameda Ave., Denver, CO 80230.
All Metro-Area ASU Alumni are invited to bring their kids, grandchildren, neighbors’ kids, nieces, nephews, or cousins. All are welcome! Watch for a postcard in the mail.
Save The Date – Jan. 18, 2020
Watch for details of the fourth annual meeting of the ASU Alumni Denver Chapter. We will have a guest speaker, a short business meeting and election of chapter officers, plus door prizes. You will receive details on a postcard.
Scholarship Luncheon Update
A big thank you goes out to all Denver-Metro area alumni for supporting the Denver Chapter Scholarship. Dr. Camila Alire, Class of 1970, provided a challenge match of $5,000, which we successfully matched and exceeded!
The Denver Chapter Scholarship is now fully endowed and permanent! The scholarship pays $1,000 to a Denver-Metro area high school graduate. The current recipient is from Brighton, Colorado.
Recruit New Students
College recruiters from every state want Metro-area students to attend their universities. At some events, more than 80 recruiters show up. Michael Cawthra, 1976, leads the Denver Chapter team of recruiters.
They attend college fairs, meet potential students and parents and talk about the benefits of our alma mater. After a training session, you can join us in this effort. Write us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join a Committee
We invite all Denver Alumni residing in the counties of Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson. To join a committee, select from below and contact Liz Watts, Denver Chapter president, at Denveralumni@Alumni.Adams.edu.
- Membership – Maintain monthly contact with Adams State University ‘s Alumni Association Services to update contact information of alumni living in the Denver area.
- Scholarship Committee – Plan an annual event in association with Adams State University’s Alumni Association Services and ASU Foundation to assist in raising scholarship money.
- Recruitment Committee – Work with the ASU Denver area recruiter to provide alumni wiling to participate in presentations to area high school students.
- Athletic Committee – Promote and encourage chapter members to attend all ASU athletic events held in the Denver metropolitan area. When appropriate, set up and staff a welcoming table for ASU alumni attending area events.
- Publicity Committee –Promote the activities of chapter and interact with area alumni. For example, the committee may establish and maintain social media sites for the chapter.
- Awards Committee – Identify area alumni that are deserving of recognition for their personal and/or professional accomplishments.
- Nomination Committee – Solicit nominees for officer positions in advance of the annual meeting.
- Liz Watts. Ph.D., President
- Jaqueline Archuleta, President-Elect
- Camila Alire, Ed.D., Secretary
- Danielle Quintana, Treasurer
- Val Vigil, Board Member at Large
- Wayne Melanson, Ph.D., Past President
- Michael Cawthra, Recruitment Committee
- Alfred Petross, Membership Committee
- Vida Martinez, Scholarship Committee
Mission: The Mission of the Denver Chapter of the Associated Alumni of Adams State University is to reach out to the current alumni, future alumni, and the community throughout the Denver area in order to cultivate loyalty, pride and commitment to Adams State University.