The Department of History, Anthropology, Philosophy, Political Science, Spanish (HAPPSS) at Adams State University now offers a 36 hour master’s degree program in Public Administration. This is a fully online degree designed for professionals who are already working in the public and non-profit sectors or pre-professionals who want to start a career in public service. The program mixes skills based coursework with real practical experience working in public agencies. It will prepare its graduates to work in positions in the federal, state, and local government as well as non-profit organizations.
The degree is delivered through semester based, interactive, online courses. The program, which can be completed in 2 years, is designed for students who are also working full-time. This MA degree can lead to career advancement for public servants who want to move into management positions. It will also provide the skill development necessary for public managers to do their jobs more effectively.
- Provide a high quality, low cost, master’s degree focusing on public administration.
- Provide students with maximum flexibility through use of fully online delivery.
- Employ a curriculum that mixes skills based course work with real practical experiences.
- Prepare pre-professional students with the skills to enter the public service.
- Provide professionals already working in public administration with the skills to advance their careers.
- MPA 500: Intro to Public Administration (3 hours)
- MPA 503: Research Mthds & Data Analysis (3 hours)
- MPA 510: Practicum (1 hours)
- MPA 516: Practicum II (1 hours)
- MPA 520: Practicum III (3 hours)
- MPA 528: Practicum IV (1 hours)
- MPA 530: Public Policy Analysis (3 hours)
- MPA 533: Org & Comm Behavior (3 hours)
- MPA 540: Capstone Practicum (3 hours)