Completion of the following required course (4 credits):
- SPAN 103: Elementary Spanish I (4 hours) OR SPAN 104: Elementary Spanish II (4 hours)
Elective Courses (15 hours)
Students must take one course in each of the following disciplines: ENG, POLS, HIST, and SOC from the offerings listed below. The remaining three credit hours may be taken from any of the courses below or any 300 or 400 level Spanish course.
- ENG 365: Ethnic & Minority Literature (3 hours)
- ENG 375: Chicano Literature (1 TO 6 hours)
- HIST 328: Chicano History (3 hours)
- HIST 355: Latin America to 1830 (3 hours)
- HIST 356: Latin America Since 1830 (3 hours)
- HIST 357: Mexico (3 hours)
- POLS 325: Political Mvmnts/Latin America (3 hours)
- POLS 468: U S/Latin American Relations (3 hours)
- SOC 318: “Race, Class, and Gender” (3 hours)
- SOC 365: Race, Culture, and Ethnicity (3 hours)
- ENG 375, HIST 379, POLS 379, and SOC 379 “Special Topics” courses that have content relevant to Latino Studies may also count as electives for the Latino Studies Minor. To determine a course’s eligibility for inclusion in the minor, please consult with the student’s advisor or the Chair of the HAPPSS Department.