Testing Out of an Adams State University Course
Students may petition to receive academic credit for a course if, through prior experience and study, they have attained knowledge and skills that constitute the requirements of the course. Students may receive approvals of their petitions if the following criteria have been met:
- The student is enrolled at ASU for the semester in which the examination is being administered and understand that a minimum grade of C-, or equivalent, must be earned in order to receive credit.
- The instructor teaching the course agrees the student’s experience qualifies the student to be given an opportunity to “test out” for credit and agrees to administer and evaluate proficiency and submit an appropriate final grade to the Registrar’s Office.
- The department chair approves the request and instructional recommendations.
- All appropriate parties complete and submit a Credit by Examination form to the Registrar’s Office.
- A copy of the examination should be kept in the Department Chair’s office.
- Grades for coursework completed by examination will be recorded by the instructor in accordance with the approved grading system for the class.