Choose From Two Programs
The agricultural programs at Adams State combines general and applied knowledge to prepare you for a career in agriculture. You’ll learn about cutting-edge advances in soil and crop science, horticulture, business, weed and pest management, irrigation, water conservation, and greenhouse management. Adams State offers a General Agriculture Program and a Agribusiness Emphasis.
General Agriculture Program
- Earn a Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies: General Agriculture, Concentrations in Biology and Business.
- Students learn soil and crop science, horticulture, water conservation, and greenhouse management.
- This program is delivered through a partnership between Adams State University and Colorado State University.
- Students will enroll in both Adams State online or face-to-face courses and Colorado State University online agriculture courses. The degree is conferred by Adams State.
Upon successful completion of the degree program, students will have a well-rounded foundation in agricultural sciences with additional concentrations in biology or business.
This program will prepare students for careers on a farm, ranch or in an agriculturally related business. Potential careers may include research and development scientists, agribusiness sales representatives, extension agents, farmers, farm managers and range scientists.
School of Business
- Earn a business degree specialized in agriculture to increase your marketability.
- Preparation for business management careers in agriculture, food production, agribusiness, and other rural-associated sectors of the economy.
- Participate in the Agribusiness Club and the ASU Collegiate Farm Bureau Chapter. These clubs provided industry networking, internship opportunities and competitive discussion.
I love it. Even though Adams State is smaller, they still have a program that fits what I want to do after I graduate. I have always lived on the farm and plan to love and work on the farm when I graduate. – Brook Mitchell, junior agribusiness major
Agriculture Business Concentration
Contact Zena Buser, Ph.D. for additional information about agribusiness emphasis in the School of Business and the agribusiness concentration in the ASU/CSU partnership at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-587-8166.
Agriculture Biology Concentration
Contact Kristy L. Duran, Ph.D. for additional information about the agriculture biology track at email@example.com or 719-587-7767.