Choose From Two Programs
The agricultural programs at Adams State combines general and applied knowledge to prepare you for a career in agriculture. You’ll learn about cutting-edge advances in soil and crop science, horticulture, business, weed and pest management, irrigation, water conservation, and greenhouse management. Adams State offers two degrees:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with an Agribusiness emphasis
- General Agriculture Program Interdisciplinary Degree
1. Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with an Agribusiness Emphasis
- Earn a business degree specialized in agriculture to increase your marketability.
- Preparation for business management careers in agriculture, food production, agribusiness, and other rural-associated sectors of the economy.
- Participate in the Agribusiness Club and the Adams State Collegiate Farm Bureau Chapter. These clubs provide industry networking, internship opportunities and competitive discussion.
2. Interdisciplinary General Agriculture Degree with concentrations in Biology or Business
- Earn a Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies: General Agriculture with concentrations in Biology or Business.
- Students learn soil and crop science, horticulture, water conservation, and greenhouse management.
- This program is delivered through a partnership between Adams State University and Colorado State University.
- Students will enroll in both Adams State online or face-to-face courses and Colorado State University online agriculture courses. The degree is conferred by Adams State.
Upon successful completion of this degree program, students will have a well-rounded foundation in agricultural sciences.
This program will prepare students for careers on a farm, ranch or in an agriculturally related business. Potential careers may include research and development scientists, agribusiness sales representatives, extension agents, farmers, farm managers and range scientists.
Agriculture Business Concentration
Contact Zena Buser, Ph.D. for additional information about agribusiness emphasis in the School of Business and the agribusiness concentration in the Adams State/CSU partnership at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-587-8166.
Agriculture Biology Concentration
Contact Benita Brink, Ph.D. about the agriculture biology track at email@example.com or 719-587-7426.
I love it. Even though Adams State is smaller, they still have a program that fits what I want to do after I graduate. I have always lived on the farm and plan to love and work on the farm when I graduate. – Brook Mitchell, junior agribusiness major