Program Goal 1
To develop graduates with an understanding of the multiple sectors of the food system, their history and interactions.
- SLO1 To be able to articulate the sociological and cultural aspects of food
- SLO2 To be able to describe the historical context of the current food system
- SLO3 To be able to identify the inequities within the food system and their implications
- SLO4 To be able to assess the health, social, and environmental consequences of the food system
Program Goal 2
To develop graduate with the skills required for a variety of food related careers.
- SLO1 To possess business management skills relevant to nonprofits, entrepreneurship, government, and farming
- SLO2 To be able to implement garden planning and management, including sustainable and innovative farming techniques
- SLO3 To be able to conduct healthy food preparation, including seasonal recipe development, preservation, food safety and handling.
- SLO4 To be able to communicate effectively in a variety of settings, including networking, public speaking, education, and media.