Completion of requirements for a bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 120 academic (non-PE) semester hours of credit.
- At least 42 academic credits must be upper division (300- to 400-level).
- A cumulative scholastic average of 2.0.
- General education courses must be completed with an average GPA of at least 2.0.
- All general education, major, minor, area of concentration, or teacher licensure requirements must be satisfied.
- All students must demonstrate writing proficiency by the end of the sophomore year.
- No D grade may apply to a major or minor field.
Completion of the following KIN Core Courses (25 credits):
- KIN 100: Foundations of Kinesiology (3 hours)
- KIN 120: Concepts in Wellness (3 hours)
- KIN 329: Exercise Physiology (3 hours)
- KIN 329L: Exercise Physiology Lab (1 hours)
- KIN 340: Kinesiology (3 hours)
- KIN 341: Human Motor Development (3 hours)
- KIN 448: Adapted Physical Activity (3 hours)
- KIN 450: Senior Capstone (3 hours)
- BIOL 112: Human Anatomy (3 hours)
Sport & Exercise Studies Emphasis Requirements (33 credits):
- KIN 210: Sport Comm & Tech (3 hours)
- KIN 301: Sport & Fitness Nutrition (3 hours)
- KIN 305: Sport Fac. & Event Mngmnt (3 hours)
- KIN 309: Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries (3 hours)
- KIN 350: Methods of Coaching (3 hours)
- KIN 360: Statistics in KIN (3 hours)
- KIN 380: Diversity/Equity Sprt & Socty (3 hours)
- KIN 422: Exercise Eval & Fitness Manage (3 hours)
- KIN 427: Techniques of Coaching Strength & Cond. (3 hours)
- KIN 484: Exercise Science Practicum (3 hours)
- KIN XXX: Kinesiology Elective (3 hours)
Electives (22 credits required):
- BUS 103: Introduction to Business (3 hours)
- BUS 385: Sports Marketing (3 hours)
- KIN 391: Sport Ethics & Leadership (3 hours)
- KIN 429: Advanced Exercise Physiology (3 hours)
- KIN 430: Biomechanics (3 hours)
- or other courses as approved by an advisor