Including Transfer, Adams State Online, and Correspondence Students
It is your responsibility to know the requirements for your degree. Always review the Adams State academic catalog corresponding to the academic year/semester in which you were admitted or readmitted for policies and procedures regarding your degree requirements.
Undergraduate students must complete the following
For the Bachelor’s Degree
The Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees are conferred upon completion of:
- A minimum of 120 academic (non-PE) semester hours of credit.
- At least 42 academic credits must be upper division (300- to 400-level).
- A cumulative scholastic average of 2.0.
- General Education Requirements must be completed with an average GPA of at least 2.0.
- All major, minor, area of concentration, or teacher licensure requirements for your chosen degree program must be satisfied.
- Completion of both ENG 102 and an approved Writing Intensive Course in the major.
- No D+ grade may apply to a major or minor field.
Students earning a degree with a double major where one major is in the bachelor of arts, bachelor of fine arts, or bachelor of science degree area and the other major is another bachelor’s degree area must select the type of diploma they wish to be granted.
Find out when to take which courses:
For the Associate’s Degree
Adams State University offers courses of study preparing students for entry-level positions in a variety of occupations. The Associate of Arts (A.A.) and the Associate of Science (A.S.) degrees at Adams State require completion of:
- General Education Requirements
- Writing Proficiency for Associate’s Degree
- a minimum of 60 credit hours; 15 of those 60 credit hours can be in an approved concentration
- A minimum of 15 credit hours must be Adams State University hours
Optional concentrations available
Interested students should consult with an academic advisor. Other concentrations may be available.