- Early Admission application window January 1 – April 30 – notified no later than June 15th for Spring Semester.
- Regular Admission application window May 1 – July 15 – notified no later than August 15th for Spring Semester.
- Late applications will be considered only on a space available basis.
BSN Application Process
If you are already accepted to Adams State, then skip step one.
1. Acceptance to ASU as a Pre-nursing Major: ASU Application
- Transfer students must be accepted by September 30th
- Send official transcripts from all institutions attended.
- NOTE: For transfer students with nursing pre-requisite courses completed, you must apply to Adams State and the BSN Program separately but simultaneously. Be sure to apply for admissions to Adams State for the corresponding SPRING semester which will open March 1st prior to the intended starting term.
2. Organize BSN application materials: BSN Application Checklist (PDF)
- 10 short answer questions
- Personal Persuasive Essay – Prompt and guidelines
- Professional resume reflecting work history, education, and/or leadership/volunteer experience.
- Test Scores: SAT, ACT, or other standardized test scores (i.e. Kaplan, HESI, or ATI/TEAS)
- Proof of medical field training, certificate, and/or licensure (if applicable).
- Page 1: Personal Information
- Page 2: 10 short answer questions
- Page 3: Document upload: Essay, Resume, Test Scores, Proof of medical field training/certificate/licensure, unofficial transcripts, awards of recognition, etc.
- At least one science professor, other references must be from someone in an authoritative position, i.e. volunteer coordinator, another professor, employer, supervisor, coach, etc. (3-5 are recommended)
5. Register with American Data Bank for: Criminal Background Check, FBI fingerprinting, and 10-panel drug screening.
Two options based on zip codes (click link for instructions):