College Credit for High School Students
To participate in concurrent/dual enrollment, students must be currently enrolled in high school (public, private, or home-school) and meet all of the following requirements in order to be considered:
- 2.0 or higher cumulative grade point average
- Permission of high school counselor/official
If students would like to take an English or math course, the following are also required:
- ACT reading core of 18 or higher
- ACT English score of 19 or higher; or SAT Verbal score of 470 or higher
- ACT Math score of 19 or higher; or SAT Math score of 500 or higher
- Students who have not yet taken the ACT or SAT can take the English Placement or Math Placement exam. Talk to your high school counselor for more information.
- Students who complete 15 or more credits as a high school student can earn a $1,000 scholarship to Adams State University as a first time student.
- Some online courses have additional fees. Your school district may pay tuition for these courses.