Completion of requirements for a bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 120 academic (non-PE) semester hours of credit.
- At least 42 academic credits must be upper division (300- to 400-level).
- A cumulative scholastic average of 2.0.
- General education courses must be completed with an average GPA of at least 2.0.
- All general education, major, minor, area of concentration, or teacher licensure requirements must be satisfied.
- All students must demonstrate writing proficiency by the end of the sophomore year.
- No D grade may apply to a major or minor field.
Completion of the secondary teacher licensure requirements.
Bachelor of Arts with Secondary Education Licensure
Completion of the following required courses:
- ENG 203: Major Themes in Lit GT-AH2 (3 hours)
- ENG 226: Basic English Grammar (3 hours)
- ENG 227: Intro to Creative Writing (3 hours)
- ENG 309: British Literature I (3 hours)
- ENG 310: British Literature II (3 hours)
- ENG 314: Adolescent Literature (3 hours)
- ENG 316: Methods/English in Sec School (3 hours)
- ENG 357: Introduction to Linguistics (3 hours)
- ENG 359: Mythology (3 hours) OR ENG 358: Bible as Literature (3 hours)
- ENG 363: Advanced Composition (3 hours)
- ENG 365: Ethnic & Minority Literature (3 hours) OR ENG 375: Chicano Literature (3 hours)
- ENG 394: American Literature I (3 hours)
- ENG 395: American Literature II (3 hours)
- ENG 403: Shakespeare (3 hours)
A portfolio of the student’s work in the major must be submitted during the senior year.
Guidelines for assembling the portfolio and deadlines for submission are available from the department head or the major advisor.