Completion of requirements for a bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 120 academic (non-PE) semester hours of credit.
- At least 42 academic credits must be upper division (300- to 400-level).
- A cumulative scholastic average of 2.0.
- General education courses must be completed with an average GPA of at least 2.0.
- All general education, major, minor, area of concentration, or teacher licensure requirements must be satisfied.
- All students must demonstrate writing proficiency by the end of the sophomore year.
- No D grade may apply to a major or minor field.
For elementary education licensure, students must complete the Content Area Emphasis and Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies Degree Requirements
Required Courses for Emphasis
- ENG 203: Major Themes in Lit GT-AH2 (3 TO 6 hours)
- ENG 226: Basic English Grammar (3 hours)
- ENG 227: Intro to Creative Writing (3 hours)
- One literature course, 300 level or above
- One writing course, 300 level or above
- One English elective, 300 level or above (or a COMM or THTR course upon department chair approval)