Degree Requirements (36 credit hours total)
- HEAL 500: Historical/Contemporary Issues (3 hours)
- HEAL 505: Cultural Competency and Equity (3 hours)
- HEAL 510: Administrative and Academic Collaboration (3 hours)
- HEAL 520: Leadership in MSIs (3 hours)
- HEAL 530: Finance and Budgeting (3 hours)
- HEAL 550: Politics and Policy (3 hours)
- HEAL 560: Data Analysis (3 hours)
- HEAL 570: Legal Issues (3 hours)
- HEAL 580: Planning, IR, & Assessment (3 hours)
- HEAL 585: Strategic Enrollment Management (3 hours)
- HEAL 590: Entrepreneurship (3 hours)
- HEAL 598: Capstone/Portfolio (3 hours)
Students desiring to enroll in the HEAL degree program must meet the following admission requirements:
- Complete the M.A. admission application and submit $30 application fee
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0, the last 30 credit hours of the degree. Those with a GPA lower than 3.0 may be conditionally admitted until after the first semester at which time evidence is provided as to the ability to do graduate level work.
- Write and submit a letter of intent
- Write and submit a 2- to 3-page essay—“How do you see yourself improving educational opportunities for Latino/a students in the future?” The essay will be used to assess writing skills for eligibility into the program.
- Submit a complete resume including academic, volunteer and work experience.
- Send official transcripts.
Send admission packet as PDF files to the HEAL director via email at email@example.com or to:
HEAL Director, Adams State University
208 Edgemont Blvd., Suite 3120
Alamosa, CO 81101.