Music at Adams State is an active and vital program, committed to musical excellence within a small college environment. Each year, more than 400 of the 2,200 on-campus students participate in music through classes, lessons and performing ensembles. The Colorado Commission on Higher Education designated the Adams State Department of Music a Program of Excellence, one of three Adams State programs to have received this honor.
Adams State University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music. The Department of Music offers Bachelor of Arts degrees in music education (K-12) and music with emphases in liberal arts, music business, music performance, or music composition. Students in any area of emphasis should have the preparation and background necessary to succeed in their chosen fields.
- Master of Arts in Music Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Music, Business
- Bachelor of Arts in Music, Composition
- Bachelor of Arts in Music, Liberal Arts
- Bachelor of Arts in Music, Music Education K-12
- Bachelor of Arts in Music, Performance
- Minor in Music
- Music Emphasis for Elementary Education Licensure
Beth Robison, D.M.A.
- Tracy Doyle, D.M.A.
- William Lipke, D.M.A.
- Beth Robison, D.M.A.
- Matthew Schildt, Ph.D.
- James Doyle, M.M.
- Angela Winter, D.M.A.
- Matthew Valverde, Ph.D.
- Roberto Capocchi
- Marc Eaton
- Lancer Hardy
- Alyssa Powell
- Tyleen Stults