The six-semester M.A. in Special Education Generalist leading to a State of Colorado Special Education Generalist (ages 5-21) endorsement equips teachers with the skills and information needed to:
- teach in a general education classroom or self-contained special education classroom
- work in a related field in special education
- teach in partnership in an inclusive education setting
- ED 550: Curriculum & Assessment (3 hours)
- ED 571: Educational Research (3 hours)
- ED 549: Educating Diverse Learners (3 hours)
- SPED 526: Behavior Management (2 hours)
- SPED 553: Behavior Mgmt Internship (1 hours)
- SPED 532: Counsel/Consult/Collaboration (3 hours)
- SPED 551: Mild – Moderate Nds Internship (1 hours)
- SPED 540: Educational Assessment (2 hours)
- SPED 542: Special Education Law (2 hours)
- SPED 555: Internship – On Site (6 hours)
- SPED 558: Internship – Alternative Site (2 hours)
Added Endorsement Application
- Complete master’s degree and/or endorsement.
- Pass appropriate PLACE content area exam.
- Go to www.cde.state.co.us to complete “Application for an Added Endorsement Based on an Approved Program.”
- Fax signature page to the ASU licensure clerk at 719-587-8145.
- Verification page will be e-mailed to applicant.
- Complete Colorado Department of Education’s application packet online.