Online Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision
The Doctorate of Philosophy in Counselor Education and Supervision is offered online and requires four one-week summer residencies. The program is in the process of pursuing CACREP accreditation (2016).
The Doctorate of Philosophy in Counselor Education and Supervision at Adams State University prepares graduates to work as counselor educators, supervisors, researchers, and practitioners in diverse academic and clinical settings. Graduates are prepared to extend the knowledge base of the counseling profession as leaders for a climate of scholarly inquiry.
The Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision at Adams State University prepares graduates to:
- Work as counselor educators and supervisors, researchers and practitioners in academic and clinical settings.
- Extend the knowledge base of the counseling profession in a climate of scholarly inquiry.
- Publish and/or present the results of scholarly inquiry.
- Inform professional practice by generating new knowledge for the profession through dissertation or comparable research projects focused on areas relevant to counseling practice, counselor education, and/or supervision.
- Assume positions of leadership in the counseling profession and/or their area(s) of specialization.