Our goal is to ensure your academic success as a graduate student at ASU, whether your program is online, face-to-face (F2F) or a combination. We offer a variety of online and F2F services to our graduate students including:
- Graduate student orientation
- Laptops for checkout
Note: The laptop checkout policy in place allows for laptops to be checked out of the Office of Graduate Studies for up to a semester at a time. For more information, please call or email us at 719-587-8173 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CRNs for Spring 2020
- 15412 APA Writing
- 15413 Technology Proficiency/Blackboard
- 15415 Qualitative Reasoning
- 15416 Quantitative Reasoning
- 15417 Research Integrity
We offer a variety of academic workshops to assist you in your academic success.
- Academic Writing/APA: this workshop is designed to assist students with academic writing such as components of a research paper, critical thinking/analysis, structuring a persuasive argument, synthesizing information, grammar/syntax/clarity, and APA citation.
- Blackboard/Technology Proficiency: this workshop is designed to train students to more efficiently and effectively use the Blackboard online class platform including collaborate, Skype, etc.
- Research Integrity: this workshop is an overview of academic misconduct—what it is and how to avoid it, human subjects protection, research ethics and the responsible conduct of researchers (RCR).
- Quantitative Reasoning: this workshop provides an overview of statistics and higher mathematics, quantitative data interpretation/analysis including different types of statistical software processes, and the application of statistical data.
- Qualitative Reasoning: this workshop provides an overview of focus group and individual interviewing techniques, survey design, and qualitative data interpretation and analysis.
To Enroll in Academic Workshops
- Login to your student account
- Click on Student Services, Add/Drop Classes and select the Spring Semester 2020
- Enter the CRNs on the bottom of the registration page in the boxes from the list above that correspond to the workshops you would like to take.
- Submit Changes. Your workshops will become available in Blackboard in a short time, usually a couple of hours.
Soft Skill Workshops
- Grant Writing Basics
- Mindfulness Meditation
Graduate Student Support Services also offers soft skill workshops that are free of charge. The two workshops offered are Grant Writing Basics and Mindfulness Meditation.
Grant Writing Basics is a course that can be a great resume builder, and also a head start in careers involving grant writing. The goal of this 6-part online workshop is to provide an introduction to grant writing including an overview of grant search resources, common proposal components, and tips for successful proposal development. The intent of each module is to deepen the student’s familiarity and understanding of the grant writing process.
Mindfulness Meditation has the student in mind. Balancing courses, work, and other commitments during graduate school can be overwhelming. This opportunity allows the student to de-stress and refocus on what’s important. Mindfulness exercises are incorporated to allow for appreciation and peace in being aware of the present.
To Enroll in Soft Skill WorkshopsSoft Skill Workshop Enrollment