If you missed the chance to attend the first Rio Grande State of the Basin Symposium at Adams State University (ASU) in February, you’ll be glad to know that the keynote talks are now available for viewing on-line. They are posted on ASU’s Salazar Rio Grande del Norte Center YouTube channel.
The link will take you to the following talks:
- Keynote presentation with Secretary Ken Salazar Salazar and Colorado’s Attorney General Phil Weiser on “Past and Future Fights to Protect the Water of the San Luis Valley”
- Division of Water Resources, Division 3 Engineer, Craig Cotten on “How the Rio Grande Works & the State of the Basin”
- Cleave Simpson, General Manager of the Rio Grande Water Conservation District (RGWCD) and Chair of the ASU Board of Trustees on “Our Water Future: Groundwater and Exportation Issues”
- Heather Dutton, Manager of the San Luis Valley Water Conservancy District (SLVWCD) and the Rio Grande Basin Representative on the Colorado Water Conservation Board on the “Water Plans for Colorado and the Rio Grande Basin”
- Additionally, the link includes the talk from September 2018 entitled “A Tale of Two Rivers: Groundwater Management in the South Platte and Rio Grande Basins” with Cleave Simpson of the RGWCD and Reagan Waskom of the Colorado Water Institute at Colorado State University.
Adams State University’s Salazar Rio Grande del Norte Center and the RGWCD co-hosted the symposium and supported Christi Bode of Moxiecran Media to produce the videos of the event.
For more information about the symposium, upcoming water presentations and ASU’s developing Water Education Initiative, please contact Rio de la Vista, Director of the Salazar Rio Grande del Norte Center, at 719-850-2255 or email@example.com.