Please park in the Visitor Parking Lot located just north of the Student Union Building. This parking lot is accessed off of Monterey Avenue, and is a 2-hour Visitor Only Lot.
All decals will be valid from August 1 to July 31 annually.
Lots will be designated as:
- C – Commuter Lots (students that do not reside in a residence hall)
- R – Students residing in any residential hall
- E – Employee (faculty and staff)
All Parking Permit Registrations will require vehicle registration and Adams State identification number.
- Adams State will offer a decal at no out-of-pocket cost to all students taking 6 or more credit hours and who register their vehicle with the Adams State University Police Department. Those students will be issued one annual decal for Residential or Commuter lots. Since the decal is at no cost, and due to limited parking space, Residential students may not purchase additional decals.
- Any students taking less than 6 credit hours will be charged full decal price ($50 annually).
- Student Commuters and students who live in Adams State Family Housing may purchase one additional decal for $15.00.
- Employees may purchase an annual decal for $50 to park in designated Employee lots. Employees may purchase one additional decal at $25. Permits for any vehicle beyond the first two will be subject to full decal price. Decals will not expire, therefore, employees will be billed each fiscal year for decals. If decal is not paid tickets will be issued.
- Reserved spots: Adams State will not offer reserved/personal parking spaces as it has in the past. Employees needing a reserved spot must submit a letter of justification supporting how their daily duties include leaving campus (not including lunch) multiple times a day for work related activities. All letters of justification must be submitted to the President by August 15. Reserved spaces, upon approval, will cost $125.
- Hang tags are available to Employees only.
All vehicles parked on the property of Adams State University must be registered with the Adams State University Police Department.
Parking Decal Registration Instructions
- Visit Online Permit Registration
- Select group Police Department
- Select Write New Online Permit Registration
- Fill out all information Permanent address (this will be your home address) Local Address is your (on campus address) or (off campus address) If you live at home please put that address in both Permanent and Local Address.
- Select Continue and fill out vehicle information
- Select Continue and review information
- Visit ASUPD to pickup your decal. Bring your current Student ID or Faculty/Staff ID and Vehicle registration. All Faculty or Staff paying with credit card pay at the One Stop. ASUPD can only take cash or checks. Please bring your receipt with you when picking up decal.
- Monterey Drive is a two-way street, with no parking allowed on either side of the street.
- Lots will be enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week unless otherwise posted.
Parking Violations & Fines
- Major Municipal Parking Fines will be assessed accordingly and filed in Municipal court. (i.e. handicap, fire zones). All other fines will be administered by ASUPD.
- A Parking Appeals Committee will be designated by the Vice President of Student Services and will include at least: * One Faculty member * One student (AS&F Chief Justice or a Justice) * One other Faculty or Employee member
- Improper permit display…..$10
- No permit…..$25
- Visitor only……$25
- Improper registration……$25
- No parking zone……$25
- Parked against traffic flow……$25
- Parked out of Boundary marking……$25
- Blocked drive or walkway……$25
- Parked over time limit……$25
- Parked off of asphalt……$25
- Parked in Reserved space……$25
- Blocking fire hydrant……$50**
- Parked in Handicapped zone……$50**
- Moving violation……$50**
- Parking when privilege revoked……$25
- Boot removal fee……$25
* Vehicle will be towed at owner’s expense
** Municipal fines to be paid in Alamosa Municipal Courts
Repeated violations are subject to impoundment and a $25 administrative surcharge in addition to other fines/fees.
Fines and fees unpaid after 10 days will incur a $10 late fee. Unpaid fines will be referred to State Collections and parking privileges on Adams State property will be denied with the vehicle subject to impoundment. Student records may be frozen until parking fines are paid in full.