Welcome to Adams State University! We are so excited for you to join the Grizzly family and begin your journey here. The New Student Orientation program is designed to welcome incoming students to campus, ensure that you are aware of the resources available to you, and give you a feel for what Adams State is all about. Whether you are a transfer student, you decide to commute or live on campus, you are from Alamosa or out of state, orientation will give you the opportunity to meet other incoming students, administrators, faculty and staff, and get accustomed to your new home away from home!
What is New Student Orientation?
- New Student Orientation is Adams State University’s way of officially welcoming you to the Grizzly Family. Not only will you meet new friends, you will also connect with faculty and staff members who will support you throughout your time here at Adams State University. All of your questions about work study, financial aid, involvement opportunities, and course work will be answered in the various sessions during New Student Orientation.
Is New Student Orientation required?
- Yes, New Student Orientation is required. Attending New Student Orientation is the best way to make sure that you’re set up for success while at Adams State University.
What if I cannot attend?
- If you cannot make it to New Student Orientation, please contact the NSO Team and let them know. They can direct you on what steps you will need to take so you can still receive the information to ensure your success at Adams State.
Are families allowed to attend?
- Our Grizzly Family’s health and safety is our top priority at Adams State University. Due to COVID-19 precautions, Family Orientation for 2020–2021 is canceled. Please check your email on file for the most update information or the Family Orientation webpage.
Do I need to sign up for New Student Orientation?
- There is no need to sign up or register for New Student Orientation. If you are new to the university or are readmitted, you are welcome to attend.
How much does New Student Orientation cost?
- All of the fees associated with New Student Orientation are a part of the ‘matriculation fee’ and it covers all housing and meal costs during New Student Orientation.
Where do I park for New Student Orientation?
- When you arrive for New Student Orientation, you can park in the following parking lots: North Plachy, the Soccer/Lacrosse Field lot, the Library, and the McDaniel Hall lot. You can begin parking in those lots starting on Wednesday, Aug. 19 and through the first day of classes. If you’re unsure where those lots are, check out the campus map!
Where to check in?
- New Student Orientation Check-In will be on the Campus Green. The Campus Green is the large green space in front of Rex Stadium. New Student Orientation check-in starts at 9 a.m. on Friday, August 21!
What if I am late and miss Check-In?
- No worries! You can still come to the Campus Green. Volunteers will be there to greet you and make sure that you get to where you need to go.
What should I bring to New Student Orientation?
We recommend that you bring the following to orientation:
- A water bottle
- Wear comfortable shoes that are good for walking
- A jacket, some of the buildings could be chilly!