Thank you for your interest in an internship position at Adams State University’s Co-Curricular Recreation and Engagement. We are dedicated to providing mentorship and learning opportunities, as well as engaging new professionals into the daily workings of a comprehensive Student Life department to gain the fundamental knowledge and skills necessary for a graduate program or student affairs position post completion. Please review all internship & program assistant job descriptions prior to applying. Our selection process reviews your materials for the best fit in all open positions, unless you indicate otherwise.
Internships are 10 or 11 month positions (early July or August through May), 35 hours per week; please see job descriptions for more details. Interns work with various offices within the Division of Student and University Affairs. In some instances summer work may be available. Preference will be given to graduating undergraduate students with a career or educational goal aligned with the Division of Student Affairs.
- A campus ID that includes access to campus recreation facility, climbing wall, library, etc.
- This is an experiential learning internship that expects 35 hours per week of hands-on work/learning that is FLSA exempt; to assist interns with living expenses as they participate in the program we offer $8,000-$8800; funded in $800 monthly for 10-11 months.
- Furnished apartment will be provided; single room, shared apartment with one other suitemate likely.
- Flexible work schedule during breaks, holidays, and graduate school searching.
- Supportive environment for graduate school searching, applying and interviewing processes.
- Important letter for Intern Candidates (PDF)
- Leadership and Government Intern (PDF)
- Programming and Multicultural Intern (PDF)
- Activities and Transitions Intern (PDF)
- Submit CoRE Program Assistant Application form
- You will need to upload your resume, cover letter, and three references.
- Priority consideration to applications received by Wednesday, April 15, 2020
- Positions open until filled.
For questions, please contact the CoRE staff member listed on the job description you would like to inquire about; or contact the Director of Co-Curricular Recreation and Engagement, Jeni Carter, at 719-587-8191 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Work-Study Opportunities
Student employment opportunities may be available in our office, please contact us to inquire or submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply.