Co-Curricular Recreation and Engagement engages students, staff, faculty and community in co-curricular opportunities which amplify Adams Outcomes.
CoRE prepares students with the skills and self-efficacy to create a fulfilling future. Through our campus connections, unique physical spaces, and co-curricular student development, our students thrive as leaders, engaged citizens, and change makers in a global society.
- Student Focused: Students are teachers and learners in their development; student needs, both heard and
underrepresented, are at the forefront of our planning, opportunities and decisions.
- People Centered: Relationships matter; we empower autonomy in work, encourage balance, support one
another; appreciate teammates for their talents, ideas and uniqueness.
- Collaboration: We are stronger working together across departments, campus and community in creating
meaningful opportunities that meet the needs of a diverse campus and community.
- Inclusive-Excellence: We appreciate individual difference, intentionally engage diversity in ways that increase
understanding, create opportunities for historically underrepresented populations to have equal access to and
participate in our offerings, and we engage in conversations and decision-making that can lead to
transformational change for student learning and achievement. (AAC&U Principles of equity-minded practitioners)
- Evidence Based: Assessment mapped with institutional goals and outcomes guide the decision-making,
programs, processes, and progress within our department.