Adams State University strives to continually improve student learning. Our assessment program helps us measure the overall quality of learning at our institution. Assessment is conducted by all areas of campus.
The academic assessment plan describes how student learning is assessed in Adams State’s academic programs: Assessment at ASU.
National Survey of Student Engagement
Among other surveys, the NSSE Institute collects information each year from colleges and universities across the country about students’ participation in programs that institutions make available for students’ academic and personal growth. The survey provides feedback about students’ engagement in such activities, and information on how institutions utilize resources, develop curriculum, etc.
- Pocket Guide 2021 (PDF)
- Snapshot 2021 (PDF)
- Means & Frequencies 2021 (Statistical Comparison, xlsx)
- High-Impact Practices 2021 (PDF)
- Pocket Guide 2018 (PDF)
- Snapshot 2018 (PDF)
- Means & Frequencies 2018 (Statistical Comparison, xlsx)
- High-Impact Practices 2018 (PDF)
- Pocket Guide 2016 (PDF)
- Snapshot 2016 (PDF)
- Means & Frequencies 2016 (Statistical Comparisons, xlsx)
- High-Impact Practices 2016 (PDF)
- Pocket Guide 2014 (PDF)
- Results & Snapshot 2014 (PDF)
- Means & Frequencies 2014 (Statistical Comparisons, xlsx)
- High-Impact Practices 2014 (PDF)
Faculty Survey of Student Engagement
As a complement to the NSSE, the FSSE is administered to instructional staff (faculty, instructors and graduate students who teach), focusing on staff’s expectations for and perspective on student engagement in programs the institution makes available for students’ academic and personal growth.