Completion of requirements for a bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 120 academic (non-PE) semester hours of credit.
- At least 42 academic credits must be upper division (300- to 400-level).
- A cumulative scholastic average of 2.0.
- General education courses must be completed with an average GPA of at least 2.0.
- All general education, major, minor, area of concentration, or teacher licensure requirements must be satisfied.
- All students must demonstrate writing proficiency by the end of the sophomore year.
- No D grade may apply to a major or minor field.
Kinesiology Core Requirements (25 hours)
- BIOL 112: Human Anatomy (4 hours)
- KIN 100: Foundations of KIN (3 hours)
- KIN 120: Concepts in Wellness (2 hours)
- KIN 329: Exercise Physiology (3 hours)
- KIN 329L: Exercise Physiology Lab (1 hour)
- KIN 340: Kinesiology (3 hours)
- KIN 341: Human Motor Development (3 hours)
- KIN 448: Adapted Physical Activity (3 hours)
- KIN 450: Senior Capstone (3 hours)
Sport and Recreation Management Emphasis (33 hours)
- BUS 103: Introduction to Business (3 hours)
- BUS 385: Sports Marketing (3 hours)
- KIN 210: Sport Communications & Technology (3 hours)
- KIN 305: Sport Facility Management (3 hours)
- KIN 360: Statistics in Kinesiology (3 hours)
- KIN 390: Risk Management (3 hours)
- KIN 391: Sport Ethics & Leadership (3 hours)
- KIN 405: Event Management (3 hours)
- KIN 415: Funding Sports Organizations (3 hours)
- KIN 425: Sport Law (3 hours)
- KIN 485: Practicum in Sport Management (3 hours)
Pre-Requisites for KIN 415 (3 hours required)
- BUS 207: Principles of Accounting I (3 hours) OR
- ECON 256: Principles of Economics II (3 hours)
Electives (12 hours required)
- Electives may be taken in Business, KIN, Mass Communications, or other field as approved by advisor
- *or other courses as approved by advisor