Diversity through Equal Opportunity
Adams State University is committed to providing equal education opportunity for persons with both permanent and temporary disabilities in accordance with the Affirmative Action Policy of the University and in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The mission of the Office of the Affirmative Action Officer’s Accessibility Services- Institutional Rights Services program is to assist Adams State University in creating an accessible community where individuals with disabilities have an equal opportunity to participate in or benefit from all College programs, activities, and services.
- To provide direct, reasonable accommodations and support services for individuals with disabilities.
- To encourage self-determination, independence, and personal responsibility for students with disabilities.
- To provide resources, advocacy, collaborative services, and outreach throughout the College community.
- To promote an open and welcoming environment around campus for individuals with disabilities.
- To inform and educate the Adams State University community about the ADA/Section 504, and an appropriate institutional response.
In support of its commitment to provide equal educational opportunity, ASU provides a variety of reasonable services and accommodations to students with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations include but are not limited to, extended testing time, testing in a reduced distraction environment, testing with the assistance of reader and/or scribe, priority seating, and interpretation services.